A telehealth physical therapy session or virtual visit is essentially the delivery of a physical therapy session remotely at your home or office without having to come in to the clinic. This type of delivery of care is essential to ensure our clients are still getting the physical therapy service they need without compromising their safety and increase their risk exposure to Covid19. At Sunnyside Physical Therapy & Wellness we offer a hybrid of in-office as well as virtual visits to our clients. We find that similar to going to see your primary care doctor, preparing for your virtual physical therapy session is key to having a great and stress-free experience. Below are some Tips to help you prepare for your Visit:
- Ensure you have good internet connection prior to your session
- Download the App you need such as Zoom, doxyme, Facetime etc…
- Use of headsets allow for better audio and freedom to move about
- Set your therapy space- This will include preparing the area for where you will meet with your therapist virtually which includes privacy, appropriate lighting, clear floor space and use of exercise supplies such as yoga mat, a towel, bands, weights, foam rollers or any equipment you may have at home.
- Ask questions and Take Notes
Common Conditions we treat with Telehealth
Musculoskeletal injuries such as neck and low back pain, knee sprain, ankle sprains, runner’s knee, bursitis, tendonitis, frozen shoulder, headaches, ergonomic, poor posture and body mechanics, muscle weakness, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, PTSD, sports injuries, wellness and prevention visit. To schedule a visit at our office, Please call 858-547-9101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org